Last updated: 2 May, 2023
Kursor ("us", "we", or "our") operates the Kursor Chrome extension (the "Service"). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information when you use our Service.
1. Why do we collect your information?
We collect your information to enhance your user experience, provide personalised content and recommendations, and improve our Service. Your information helps us understand your needs and preferences, allowing us to serve you better.
2. Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
We collect your Personal Data when you interact with our Service, such as when you create an account, provide feedback, or contact us.
3. Personal Data
Personal Data we may collect include
- Email address
- Browser and device information
4. Use of Your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To improve the performance and functionality of our Service
- To provide personalized content and recommendations
- To communicate with you about your account or use of our Service
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information to improve our Service
- To detect, prevent, and address technical issues
5. With whom we share your information?
We do not sell, trade, or rent your Personal Data to third parties. We may share your information with third-party service providers to help us operate our business, provide our Service, or perform Service-related functions on our behalf. These third parties are bound by confidentiality agreements and are not allowed to use your Personal Data for any other purpose.
6. Retention of Your Personal Data
We retain your Personal Data only for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
7. How do we protect your information?
We take the security of your information seriously and implement reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security measures to protect your Personal Data from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee absolute security.
8. What happens when you use our Services from outside your region?
If you access our Service from a location outside your region, your information may be transferred, stored, and processed in a jurisdiction where our servers are located. By using our Service, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
9. Email Marketing
With your consent, we may send you marketing emails about our products and services. You may opt-out of receiving marketing emails by following the unsubscribe link in the email or contacting us.
We do not handle payments directly. If our Service requires payment, we use third-party payment processors to handle the transaction securely.
11. GDPR Privacy
If you are from the European Economic Area (EEA), our legal basis for collecting and using your Personal Data depends on the information concerned and the context in which we collect it. We will collect and use your Personal Data only where:
- We have your consent to do so
- We need the Personal Data to provide our Service
- It satisfies a legitimate interest and does not override your data protection rights
- We need to comply with a legal obligation
You have the right to access, update, delete, or restrict the processing of your Personal Data, and the right to data portability. To exercise these rights, please contact us.
12. CCPA Privacy
If you are a California resident, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants you specific rights regarding your Personal Data. This section outlines these rights and how you can exercise them.
- Sources of Personal Information
We collect Personal Information directly from you, automatically when you use our Service, and from third-party service providers.
- Use of Personal Information for Business Purposes or Commercial Purposes
We may use your Personal Information for our business purposes, such as providing and maintaining our Service, improving its performance, and communicating with you. We do not sell your Personal Information.
- Personal Information of Minors
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from minors. If You have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 (or 16) has provided us with personal information, please contact us with sufficient detail to enable us to delete that information.
- Your Rights under the CCPA
As a California resident, you have the right to request access to your Personal Information, request deletion of your Personal Information, and request that we disclose certain information about our collection and use of your Personal Information. To exercise these rights, please contact us.
- Exercising Your CCPA Data Protection Rights
To exercise any of your CCPA rights, please submit a request by contacting us at email@example.com. We will respond to your request within 45 days.
13. Links to Other Websites